This is the privacy notice of Ideal Air Conditioning Service Website. In this document, “we” or “us” refers to Ideal Air Conditioning Service registered in Australia with ABN 85 029 174 112 with our registered office is at 22 Daley Crescent, Fraser ACT 2615.
This is a notice to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could and could not identify you and information.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our website are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with Australian law and with the laws of all jurisdictions of which operate and are aware. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our website or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and also includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
This information is used:
We keep information, which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy a service offered on our website by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement, is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
This information is never taken by us through our website.
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to site visitors that the site is safe. Some certify to a high level of safety. Others are more concerned to take our money than to provide a useful service. We do not handle information about your credit card on the website so do not subscribe to any such service.
Our website is a publishing medium in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel, it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think, your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to all the World, you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
When you call our phone number for help, information or bookings, we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our service.
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. You may opt out of this service at any time by instructing us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker on your website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website.
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off site. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
We do not market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children. We do sell products and services for end use by children, but for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your state, we should like to hear from you, but ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us by email: email@example.com To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Our websites are hosted in Australia. We also use outsourced services in countries outside Australia from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly data obtained within Australia may be “processed” outside Australia and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
How you can contact us
Sending a letter to us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
22 Daley Crescent, Fraser ACT 2615 Australia
OAIC contact details:
Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
- 1. Business and personal information
- 1.1. to provide you with the services which you request;
- 1.2. for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- 1.3. for marketing our services and products;
- 1.4. information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
- 2. Market place information
- 3. Your domain name and e-mail address
- 3.1.to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
- 3.2.in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- 3.3. to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- 3.4. to tell you about other of our services or services of sister websites.
- 4. Information you post on our website
- 5. Website usage information
- 6. Financial information relating to your credit cards
- 7. Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks
- 8. Third party advertising
- 9. Third party content
- 10. Information we obtain from third parties
- 11. Content you provide to us with a view to be used by third party
- 12. Cookies
- 12.2. to allow essential parts of our website to operate for you;
- 12.3. to operate our content management system;
- 12.4. to operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our website and deleted when you close your browser;
- 12.5. to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser;
- 12.6. to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited;
- 12.7. to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser;
- 12.8. to record your activity during a web cast. An example is as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose.
- 12.9. to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time.
- 12.10. to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
- 13. Calling our Phone Number
- 14. Sending a message to our support system
- 15. Complaining
- 16. Job application and employment
- 17. Marketing information
- 18. Re-marketing
- 19. Affiliate information
- 20. Use of site by children
- 21. Disclosure to Government and their agencies
- 22. Compliance with the law
- 23. Review or update personally identifiable information
- 24. Removal of your information
- 25. Data may be “processed” outside Australia
- 26. Complaints procedure
- 26.1. If you have a complaint about how we are collected or handled your personal information, please contact us. We will endeavour in the first instance to deal with your complaint and take action to resolve the matter.
- 26.2. If your complaint cannot be resolved at the first instance, we will ask you to lodge a formal complaint in writing, explaining the circumstances of the matter that you are complaining about, how you believe your privacy has been interfered with and how you believe your complaint should be resolved.
- 26.3. We will acknowledge receipt of your formal complaint and indicate the timeframe that you can expect a response. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible, but if the matter is complex and our investigation may take longer, we will let you know when we expect to provide our response.
- 26.4. If you are unhappy with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.